Contaminated sites and waste
Industrial activities and the deposition of waste left important contaminations in soils and lakes during the 20th century.
- Contaminated site
It is estimated the around 4'000 of these contaminated sites represent a serious endangering and therefore have to be remediated during the next 20 to 25 years.
The Contaminated Sites ordinance (CSO) contains regulations which ensure a uniform and economically useful treatment of contaminated sites among the different Cantons.
- remediation of a
For activities after 1985, the Technical Ordinance on Waste (TVA) wants to prevent the contamination of the environment by waste in advance.
It wants particularly a reduction of the produced waste and an appropriate treatment of the waste through the according facilities.PPLUS offers the following services in the filed of contaminated sites and waste:
- the preliminary investigation which is generally composed of a historical investigation, a performance specification and a technical investigation.,
- the detailed investigation,
- the concept of remediation and the accompaniment of the work,
- the management of construction site waste,
- plans on waste management.