In prinicple it is the speech intelligibility or a good perception of music which are necessary for comfortable room acoustics.
- Concert hall
- the geometrical configuration of a room,
- the choice and distribution of absorbing and reflecting surfaces,
- the reverberation times,
- the sound pressure level of interferences,
- the quality of any amplifier system for sound reproduction.
The SIA standard 181 sets the acousical requirements for classrooms and gyms:
- calculation and measurement of reverberation times,
- dimensioning of absortive elements for acoustical corrections of a local,
- acoustics of halls (concert halls, auditoriums, conference halls...),
- acoustical investigations for projects of public locals (bars, clubs).